An exciting recipe, this soup is sweet and sour, delicious and nutrient-dense. It’s a great way to warm up after a vigorous day exploring the outdoors.
Sweet Potato, Squash and Golden Berry Soup
6 medium yams, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 of a medium butternut squash, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large white onion
4 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of turmeric
2 teaspoons of cayenne
1/2 sour mango (nearly ripe)
1 1/4 cup of fresh golden berries, halved
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 Tbs olive oil to sauté vegetables
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep all ingredients.
- In a large pot, add olive oil. When heated add onion, yams, squash and golden berries.
- When onions start to caramelize add garlic, cayenne, turmeric and coconut oil. Stir and let sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water. For 15 minutes, let simmer to bring out flavours.
- When vegetables are cooked through, add mango to the pot. Now blend all ingredients in a food-processor or blender.
- Pour liquified ingredients back into the pot, add the rest of the water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer at medium-low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with fresh salad and spicy grilled chicken.